Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Day off

Normally some bit of news gets reported that has me seething all day. For a blogger, this is a good day. But when all you get on the news is stuff that has been hashed to death for the last several days, that is a bad day. Really, they have about run the gamut on Sotomayor, so I have tuned out on that. So, I have decided to rejuvenate myself overnight, and come back tomorrow full of you-know-what and vinegar, and find something interesting to write about.
Remember the other day when I conjectured about taking my $500 stimulus payment and buying GM stock at 61.5 cents per share? It closed at $1.50 today, and my 813 shares would now be worth $1219.50. If I calculated right, that would be a 244% gain in just a couple of days. Let's see, if I bought $500 worth of GM stock at $1.50, it would have to go up to $3.00 for me to double my money. I wonder.......

No comments:

Post a Comment