Sunday, September 6, 2009

Spin City

I have been sitting at my computer for the last couple of hours, catching up on the latest treasures from the Sunday news shows. Of course, the big topic is speculation about what the President plans to tell the joint session of Congress. Well, I still don't know, because all I heard was a bunch of artful side-stepping, orchestrated by the powers that be, that was designed to tell us nothing at all. I could not help but think about all the wages that are wasted on such worthless exercises. Why not just give a straight answer to the questions? Why go on the stupid program in the first place if you don't have anything to say?

Actually, I know the answer. People in politics have such a low opinion of the people that they feel we have to be manipulated to form our opinions. You know, we don't have the intelligence to figure things out for ourselves, so they have to tell us what our opinions are supposed to be. All I really want from these people is a straight answer. I'm a big boy. I can handle it. If Obama would appoint a "Straight Talk" czar, maybe that would be a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment